This page is for policies and frequently asked questions regarding our day to day business procedures. When in doubt you can always call the shop during opening hours: (865) 294-5612.
Private Lessons Policy
- Payment in full is due upon signing up for a class to ensure your spot.
- To help prevent classes from being cancelled for lack of attendance, please sign up early as a minimum number of students are required to hold a class.
- Classes will be held with 3 student minimum requirement. Some classes will have a maximum number of students.
- If a guest comes to class, they must pay the class fee – even if they don’t participate in class.
- We do not require our customers to purchase supplies from The Fiberology Lab. However, we do offer a 10% discount on all class supplies purchased at The Fiberology Lab.
- Each student must have an authorized copy of the book or pattern (no photocopies).
- Students need to bring the required basic sewing supplies as listed on the supply list.
- On the day of your class, The Fiberology Lab offers a 10% discount on all products purchased.
- All classes have supply list, once you have reserved your spot you will receive a supply/prep work list via email. If you can't receive email you can come by the shop to pick it up.
- Within 3 days of schedule class, classroom will be confirmed and informed to students, along with supply lists and prep work.
- Most classes have prep work. It’s imperative to complete prep work to get the most of your class when you arrive.
- Students may arrive 15 minutes early to class to set up. Classes will start on time, so please arrive early to set up and be ready to start.
- Classes longer than 4 hours, students need to be prepared to bring their own drinks, snacks and bag lunches.
- If student desires to retake a previous class with the same instructor, the class fee with be discounted by 25%.
- We want you to have the best experience in our classes, please come prepared to class!
Class Refund Policy
- Fee is $25/hour for all instructors.
- A deposit of $25 is required for scheduling a Private Lesson. This fee will be deducted upon lesson attendance.
- If you don't show at scheduled time, the deposit is not refunded.
- If you need to reschedule, a 48 hour notification is required.
- Private Lessons can be schedule up to 3 hour increments.
- If The Fiberology Lab must cancel (due to low attendance) a full class a refund or shop credit will be issued.
- If a student needs to cancel, full class refunds will be given only 5 business days before the scheduled class. The Fiberology Lab offers a refund as a store credit.
- No show, no refund.
- If Weather Policy is in effect, The Fiberology Lab will try to reschedule class or refund/credit will be issued.
We will do our best to maintain normal business hours. We do not automatically follow school or government office decisions. We will use our best judgment, based on weather reports and any other data to hand, and may choose to close altogether, or open late and/or close early. Our primary concern is for your safety and for the safety of the Fiberology Lab staff.
We will post on Facebook any closures that we do.
When in doubt you can call the shop (865) 294-5612, email or Facebook message us to find out more information.